How to get to Ierapetra and get on board for a fantastic boat trip to Chrissi Island with us!
Ierapetra is in the south of Lasithi prefecture and you can get there by car or by bus from Chania, Rethimno, Heraklio or Agios Nikolaos. We organize boat trips to Chrissi island and Koufonisi island from Ierapetra Venetian harbour on a daily basis from May to October from Ierapetra Venetian port.
How to get to Ierapetra from Heraklio via Agios Nikolaos:
- If you are in Heraklio and you have your own car, follow the road that leads to Agios Nikolaos.You should not enter Agios Nikolaos but turn right. After Pachia Ammos village turn right and head south towards Ierapetra. The distance from Heraklio is 104 km and the road condition is very good. The trip lasts about 1 hour and 30 min.
- If you do not have a car, you can use the public transport. Daily bus connections of Ierapetra with Heraklio, Agios Nikolaos and Sitia. You can check the public transport conections (From/To Ierapetra) here. ( We try to keep these schedules up to date for your convenience, but you should always call the bus company tel.:+30 2810 24 50 20 to check for any changes or unannounced updates.) The price for a single ticket from Heraklio to Ierapetra is 12 euros.
- Taxi: It costs roughly 110 - 120 euros (per taxi not per person, up to 5 people) and it takes roughly 1 hour and 15 min. (the price is subject to change) and will take you directly to to our vessel.
How to get to Ierapetra from Heraklio via Vianos:
- You can drive from Heraklio to Ano Viannos, Mirtos and then Ierapetra. This route is certainly takes longer time, but it is more scenic and it will give you the opportunity to see many beautiful villages in the south of the prefectures of Heraklio and Lasithi.
How to get to Ierapetra from Chania or Rethimno:
- If you are in Chania or Rethimno, follow the road that leads to Heraklio ( VOAK/E75) and then drive towords Agios Nikolaos. You should not enter Agios Nikolaos but turn right towards Ierapetra. The distance from Chania to Ierapetra is 240 km and the trip lasts about 3 hours and 30 min. The distance from Rethimno to Ierapetra is 185 km and the trip lasts about 2 hours and 40 min.
FIND THE VENETIAN PORT OF IERAPETRA AND NAUTILOS MOORING ON MAP
Nautilos mooring GPS Coordinates are: Latitude: 35.002775 | Longitude: 25.737147. Be there on time and come away for a fantastic boat trip to Chrissi Island with us!
There is free parking for your car outside the fishing port area, next to the boat.